Thursday, July 2, 2009

be yourself...

i realized that over the last while i had been trying to be someone that im not.

for those of you that know me, you know that im a straight shooter. i dont like a lot of fluff, and when it comes to the people God has entrusted me with to Pastor, i dont have a lot of patience for the things that come in between them and God. im not really a beat around the bush kind of guy.

of course this has gotten me into a number of peoples dog houses before, but i honestly from the bottom of my heart long to see the people i pastor serve Christ with all they have. i hate the things that separate us from God and His best.

my personality has been criticized by some over the years because of the aforementioned.

my error has been that ive allowed the desire for the approval of others to cause me not to enjoy myself and who God's wired me to be.

God has made me that guy that's the straight shooter, that's bold. not to say that i've done everything right, that's for sure. however, i am who God made me to be. He's always refining us into a better, more Christ-like version of ourselves, but we need to recognize who God made us to be.

i had been a little frustrated lately, and now i know why. i have been trying to be who others have wanted me to be. i havent been the guy that God created me to be.

no more. i may not be the best pastor in the world, the best dad in the world, the best husband in the world, but i am the best that I CAN BE.

i am going to be myself, and i encourage you to do the same.

how He loves....

No comments: